School Wide Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (SWPBIS) is about:
- Improving general classroom & school climate & community relations
- Decreasing dependence on reactive disciplinary practices
- Maximizing impact of instruction to affect academic achievement
- Improving behavioral supports for students with emotional& behavioral challenges
- Improving efficiency of behavior related initiatives
The ultimate goal is to increase student academic performance, decrease problem behavior, increase safety, and establish positive school climates through research based strategies and systems.