Hello WTA Family!
I am happy to welcome all of you, especially our incoming Ninth Graders, to the 2021-2022 school year! I am looking forward to partnering with you to ensure that our students achieve their highest potential academically, vocationally, socially, and emotionally. In order to be successful in school, our children need support from home and school. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students’ success. I ask that you guide and support your children’s learning by ensuring that they
- Attend school daily and arrive on time, ready for each day’s learning experiences;
- Read daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills;
- Share their school experiences with you so they know you are interested in their school life;
- Inform you if they need additional support in any school subject or interpersonal situation
- Know that you truly believe they can be successful in school and can carry that success to college and the workforce.
If you are interested in participating in the life of WTA in a more formal way, I urge you to please consider joining our Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO) and/or our School Council. Both organizations provide fantastic opportunities for you to connect to the school community and support us in our mission of providing our students with a truly world class education!
In closing, I encourage everyone in the WTA Family to tune into our weekly radio program “Tiger Talk” each Thursday morning at 8:00 on 89.5 WSKB FM Radio for news of all things WTA. Our first broadcast for the 2021-2022 school year will be on Thursday, September 20, 2021. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendars for this year’s Open House, which will take place on Thursday evening, November 4, 2021, from 6:00 to 7:30. We look forward to seeing you there!
As always, please know how grateful I am for all that you do on behalf of WTA!